Namaqua X Challenge
May 23, 2020
Experience the Namaqua West Coast Challenge for an adventure of a lifetime!
Paddle on the pristine Olifants River to the Estuary, Trail run along the West Coast and it’s spectacular Sea Cliffs and MTB through the Matzikama plains to the lush vineyards of the West Coast Wine Route.
Let’s start here: what is the Tri Challenge?
- Combining the disciplines of Trail Running, Mountain Biking and Kayaking will make this event the first of its kind in the Western Cape.
- 2 different routes are available. The main event, called the XL. Then a Duo XL which is a Mountain Bike and Trail Run option.
- The race can be done as a relay or in teams of 2.
- Kayaking is on the Olifants River from Koekenaap / Lutzville to Papendorp at the Estuary. The Olifants River Estuary has been identified as the 4th most important Estuary in South Africa in terms of Estuarine Conservation and we are incredibly excited about the opportunity to promote the regions largely unknown natural beauty, but also promote it as as water sport destination.
- The trail run for both options is a beach run from the Estuary to the village of Strandfontein along some of the most rugged sea cliffs and desolate beaches in the province.
- The MTB route is a circle back to Papendorp along the Sea Cliffs for the XS route and for the other two options the route will take you across the Sandveld plains via the Vineyards of the West Coast Wine Route to Namaqua Wines in Vredendal.
For more information contact:
Namaqua West Coast Tourism
027 201 3376, email@example.com